The first thing to do is check your power supply and see if it’s providing enough power. If your computer turns on and off, has a constant fan noise, or won’t boot up at all, the problem may be with the power supply.
Driver power state failure windows 10 fix is a problem where the driver fails to enter the low-power state when it should. This can result in excessive power consumption and heat generation, which can damage your computer.
Ivan Jenic’s contribution
Expert in Troubleshooting
Ivan has gone deep into knowing this operating system, with a specialty in drivers and driver problems, thanks to his passion for all things Windows and his natural curiosity. When he isn’t tackling, he is… Continue reading
14th of October, 2021
Originally published in March of 2021.
- Driver Power State Failure is a BSoD error that occurs when a driver is installed that is incompatible.
- Because your drivers are a frequent source of this problem, you should use a driver updater program to update them.
- This issue may be caused by system corruption, therefore make sure your operating system is up to date.
- Driver Power Stop Code State Failure may occur as a result of your power saving settings, so be sure to change them as needed.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Driver Power State Failure is a Blue Screen of Death issue that is usually caused by an incompatible driver. Avoid the terror of the Blue Screen of Death by installing the finest software to fix these problems.
Depending on what triggered the problem, you may either restart the computer or apply one of the remedies listed below.
When Windows users see the Blue Screen of Death, they usually panic, but in this instance, I can tell you that there are some simple measures you may do to resolve the Driver Power State Failure in Windows 10.
So, for a fast remedy to this problem, go ahead and follow the instructions below.
Driver Power State Failure is triggered in 99 percent of instances by putting your operating system into sleep mode. When you attempt to log in to the device, you will almost certainly get this error message.
The problem is generated by the power settings or by incompatibility issues with certain drivers in the system.
Driver Power State Failure may cause a variety of difficulties on your computer, and users have also experienced the following concerns:
- Stop Code for Driver Power State Failure – This is a common BSoD error message that you may see when using your computer.
- Toshiba, HP, Dell, Acer, Alienware, Samsung, Sony, Lenovo – Driver Power State Failure Windows 10 This issue affects almost all machines, and many HP, Dell, and Lenovo customers have reported it.
- Nvidia – Driver Power State Failure This problem is usually caused by your Nvidia graphics card. Try out some of our options if you have an Nvidia graphics card.
- Driver Power State Failure USB — When utilizing a particular USB device, this error may occur. To solve the problem, you may need to unplug all USB devices and look for the one that is causing the problem.
- Failure of the driver’s power state during startup or boot – This problem, according to users, may occur when your computer is starting up. You will be unable to use your computer if this issue occurs during startup.
- Failure of the driver’s power state Autocad, Photoshop — This issue may occur in a variety of programs, and many people have reported seeing it when using Photoshop or Autocad.
- Failure of the driver’s power state a solid-state drive (SSD) or a hard disk (HDD) A fresh hard drive or SSD may sometimes produce this issue. If this occurs, you may need to update your drivers and double-check that everything is in working order.
- Failure of the driver’s power state McAfee and Kaspersky – This issue is often caused by third-party programs, but it may also be caused by your antivirus software. This problem is more common with Kaspersky or McAfee, according to users.
- A driver-related problem typically causes the Driver Power State Failure blue screen – 0x0000009f error screen to appear on startup. Microsoft has addressed the issue in update file KB 2983336.
- Failure of the driver’s power state ntoskrnl.exe – ntoskrnl.exe is a program that may be used to The name of the file that is generating the problem may be shown in this error message. The most frequent source of this issue, according to users, is ntoskrnl.exe.
What can I do if my driver’s power state fails?
- Switch to Safe Mode and uninstall any newly installed drivers.
- Drivers must be updated.
- Conduct an SFC scan.
- Modify your Power Options
- Modify your Power Plan Preferences
- Remove or disable your antivirus program.
- Reinstall the previous version of your graphics card drivers.
- In the Nvidia Control Panel, change the power settings.
- Change the power settings on your smartphone.
1. Boot into Safe Mode and uninstall any newly installed drivers.
- Make sure your USB drive is configured as the first boot device in the BIOS.
- In the CD/DVD drive, insert the Microsoft Windows 10 boot DVD.
- Your Windows 10 operating system should be restarted.
- When the message prompts you, To boot from a CD or DVD, press any key. Please hit any key on your keyboard to boot from the Windows 10 installation media CD.
- You must left click or touch the Next button in the first window that opens after booting from the Windows 10 bootable disk.
- In the following screen, left-click or touch the Repair your computer option.
- Left-click or touch the Troubleshoot option in the Choose an option box that opens.
- Select Advanced settings with a left-click or a touch in the following box.
- Left-click or touch the Command Prompt option in the Advanced Options box.
- Write the following in the black window (command prompt): C: omitting the quotation marks. To execute the command, press Enter.
- The next step is to type the following in the Command Prompt: BCDEDIT /SET BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY BCDEDIT /SET BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY BCDEDIT /SET BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY BCDEDIT /SET
- EXIT should be typed into the command prompt window. Enter the code with the Enter key.
- Restart your computer after removing the Windows DVD.
After that, boot into Safe Mode and uninstall any newly installed drivers. Follow these steps to do so:
- Keep hitting the F8 key on the keyboard when the machine wakes up after the reboot.
- A menu of choices will display. From the menu, choose Safe Mode.
- Open Device Manager once Safe Modes has started.
- Uninstall the most current drivers you installed by right-clicking on them and selecting Uninstall device from the menu.
- Restart Windows 10 normally to check whether the blue screen with the same problem message still appears.
If the problem continues, you’ll need to uninstall a previously installed driver. Rep this procedure till your computer starts functioning again.
Why not give this a try? It’s a simple approach that may help you solve the Windows Driver Power State Failure issue.
Note: Once you’ve identified the driver that’s generating the blue screen, go to the manufacturer’s website and look for an updated version that’s compatible with your Windows operating system to avoid seeing the message Driver Power State Failure again.
2. Keep your drivers up to date.
It is recommended that you update your drivers to repair the stop code Driver Power State Failure on your PC. Manually doing so may be inconvenient, but there are tools that can assist you.
A faulty driver may result in a variety of problems. If this is the case, you may need to update or reinstall this component entirely. We suggest utilizing an automated program for the task since the procedure is not simple to perform. This is how you do it:
- DriverFix is available for download and installation.
- Start the app.
- Allow the program to identify all of your bad drivers.
- You’ll be given a list of all the problematic drivers, and all you have to do now is choose which ones you want repaired.
- Wait for DriverFix to complete the download and installation of the most recent drivers.
- To make the modifications take effect, restart your computer.
Install and use DriverFix now to protect your Windows from any problems caused by damaged drivers!
Disclaimer: In order to execute certain particular activities, this application must be updated from the free version.
3. Run an SFC scan.
- To access the Win + X menu, press Windows Key + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list. If Command Prompt isn’t an option, choose PowerShell (Admin).
- To launch it, type sfc /scannow into Command Prompt and hit Enter.
- The scanning procedure will begin immediately. Don’t interrupt the SFC scan since it may take up to 10 minutes.
Users suggest using DISM scan instead of SFC scan if you can’t perform SFC scan or if the scan can’t solve the issue. Follow these steps to do so:
- As an administrator, open Command Prompt.
- Execute these commands: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Check whether the issue has been fixed after executing both instructions.
If you were unable to perform the SFC scan before, make sure to do so once the DISM scan is finished. The issue should be fully fixed once you perform both scans, and the error notice should no longer display.
If you receive the Driver Power State Failure notice, you may be able to fix it by following the preceding steps.
4. Modify the power settings
- Enter control panel by pressing Windows Key + S. Select Control Panel from the drop-down menu.
- When the Control Panel appears, look for and choose Power Options.
- Choose what the power button does by clicking on it.
- Now choose Change settings that are presently inaccessible from the drop-down menu.
- Disable Turn off the settings for quick starting (recommended), sleep, and hibernation. Save your changes by clicking the Save button.
Due to your power settings, Driver Power State Failure may occur on Dell devices.
Users claim that just deactivating specific power settings, such as the ones we showed you above, may be enough to solve the issue.
5. Modify your Power Plan Options
- Go to the Power choices section. Change plan settings may be found next to your presently chosen plan.
- Change advanced power settings by clicking on it.
- You’ll now see a selection of options. Make sure that Sleep and Hibernation are both set to Never in the Sleep section. Make sure that everything in the Power buttons and lid area is set to Do nothing. To save your changes, click Apply and OK.
- Set Graphics or PCI Express and Lnk State Power Management to Maximum Performance if desired. Make the identical changes to the Wireless Adapter Settings.
If you’re using a laptop, people suggest removing the battery and plugging it into a power socket.
Sleep and Hibernate functions will be fully deactivated after these modifications, and the issue should be addressed.
If you regularly utilize these features, you might consider switching to an alternative solution.
6. Turn off or uninstall your antivirus program.
To find possible problems, run a System Scan.
To detect Windows problems, click Start Scan.
To solve problems with Patented Technologies, click Repair All.
To identify faults causing security issues and slowdowns, do a PC Scan using Restoro Repair Tool. The repair procedure will replace damaged files with new Windows files and components once the scan is completed.
Antivirus software is essential, but it may sometimes interact with Windows, resulting in the Driver Power State Failure problem.
To resolve this issue, we recommend temporarily disabling your antivirus program and seeing whether it resolves the problem. If not, you may need to fully remove your antivirus program.
Many antivirus firms include uninstallation tools for their program, so make sure you get one for yours.
Check whether the problem still exists after you’ve removed your antivirus. Install the most recent version of your antivirus software or switch to a different antivirus solution if this is not the case.
Many customers have experienced issues with Avast antivirus, however this issue may also be caused by other antivirus software.
It is suggested that you use a specialized removal program, such as IOBit Uninstaller, to uninstall your antivirus software and any files connected with it.
IOBit Uninstaller may be downloaded here.
7. Downgrade your graphics card drivers to a previous version.
- Open the Device Manager program.
- Double-click your graphics card in the Display adapters section.
- Go to the Driver tab in the Properties box and click the Roll Back Driver button.
- Wait for the procedure to complete.
You’ll need to remove your graphics card driver from Device Manager if the Roll Back option isn’t accessible. You may also use Display Driver Uninstaller to delete all files related with your graphics card entirely.
After you’ve removed the driver, go to the website of the manufacturer of your graphics card and download an earlier version of the driver. Check to see whether the issue has been addressed after installing the driver.
This problem is most often associated with Nvidia graphics cards, but you may attempt this remedy with other graphics cards as well.
Stop code Driver Power may appear on occasion. Your graphics card drivers may cause a state failure error.
It is suggested that you revert to the earlier driver, as we shown before, to resolve this problem.
8. In the Nvidia Control Panel, change the power settings.
- Navigate to the Nvidia Control Panel.
- Select Manage 3D settings from the left pane.
- Select your dedicated graphics card as the Preferred graphics processor in the right pane. Select Prefer maximum performance from the list of options under Power management mode.
- Save your modifications and see if it resolves your issue.
Switching to maximum performance, according to users, solved the issue, so give it a go.
If you’re using a laptop, bear in mind that this mode will consume more battery power. Similar options may be found in Catalyst Control Center if you’re using AMD graphics.
The Driver Power State Failure issue, according to users, may be caused by your power settings. This issue occurs often when using Nvidia graphics, however it may be resolved by following the procedures outlined above.
9. Modify the power settings on your device
- Open the Device Manager program.
- To access the properties of your network adapter, locate it and double-click it.
- Uncheck the Power Management checkbox. To conserve energy, allow the computer to switch off this gadget. To save your changes, click OK.
After that, the issue should be fixed entirely. Keep in mind that this function is supported by many devices on your PC, so you must deactivate it for all problematic devices.
Your power settings may cause the Windows Driver Power State Failure error. Many gadgets may be switched off to conserve power, however this choice can occasionally result in this issue.
That’s all there is to it; if you follow the instructions above, you should be able to log in to Windows 10 regularly.
If you have any more questions about this page, please contact us using the form below, and we will make every effort to resolve your problem as quickly as possible.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To resolve problems with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you? 3
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are currently 11 comments.
Driver power state failure is a problem that can occur with Windows 10, Nvidia and SSD. This issue requires you to restart your PC. Reference: driver power state failure windows 10 reddit.
- driver power state failure windows 10 2021
- driver power state failure windows 10 2020
- nvidia driver power state failure
- stop code driver power state failure
- driver power state failure on restart