Thousands of users were experiencing black screens on Windows after update. Microsoft released a fix that should solve the issue, but if you’re still plagued by this problem, try one of these solutions to get your PC back up and running again.
The “windows 11 black screen during install” is a common issue for Windows users. There are 6 solutions to fix the issue.
One of the most challenging difficulties with Windows 11 is a black screen with a pointer, which may happen after a Windows update. Users claim that windows start up correctly, but that the login screen or the screen after entering the password stays dark with a flashing cursor. So, what causes the black screen after logging into Windows 11? This issue is caused by the display driver, which is usually an old graphics driver. Again, problems with the hardware, most likely the display, or loose or faulty connections might result in a black screen on Windows 11.
How can I get rid of the black screen in Windows 11?
Make sure the monitor is switched on and connected to the power source before continuing. Check the VGA cord for any loose connections as well.
Furthermore, hit the Windows + P key combination and ensure that the PC screen-only option is chosen.
Simultaneously hit Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B (you may hear a sound), and the screen will begin to flicker. This indicates that the graphics driver has been reset. Some customers said that by doing so, they were able to resolve the black screen issue on their Windows 11 PC.
A white cursor flashing on your desktop indicates that your display is turned on and everything is connected correctly. In this scenario, follow the procedures below to restart Windows Explorer.
- To launch Task Manager, use Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard.
- Select the Windows Explorer service from the Processes tab and click the Restart button in the bottom-right corner.
Check to see if you can go back to your usual desktop.
Additionally, launch Task Manager again by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Select the Run new task option from the File menu.
- Type explorer.exe into the command prompt and choose Create this task with administrator capabilities.
- Finally, click OK to return to your regular desktop.
Restart your computer.
There are chances, due to some third-party application, your system became non-responsive, let’s shutdown or Restart your computer.. Restart your computer refresh the operating system and eliminates any bugs that are causing the black screen issue.
- By pushing and holding the power button for 3 to 5 seconds, you can force your computer to shut off.
- Then, to switch it back on, hit the power button.
- Now input your password and see whether the black screen on Windows 11 has disappeared.
Disconnect all of your devices.
Additionally, unplug any external devices attached to your PC to see whether the problem is caused by malfunctioning or mismatched hardware.
- To begin, switch off your computer and unplug all of your devices (Such as printer, scanner, speaker, your webcam etc)
- Turn on your computer again, and make sure it starts up without any issues this time.
- If this is the case, one of the peripherals you removed is to blame for the black screen. Connect the gadgets one by one to see which one is causing the problem.
If you’re still receiving a black screen on starting Windows 11, we suggest starting your computer in safe mode and using the remedies indicated below.
Update your Windows operating system.
It’s critical to constantly resolve problems that are wreaking havoc on the user experience. There’s a potential that the black screen issue is caused by a bug, and Microsoft may offer a remedy with the most recent Windows update. As a result, we always urge that you check for and apply the newest Windows updates on a frequent basis.
- To access the settings page, use the Windows + I shortcut keys.
- Then choose Windows Update from the bottom left panel.
- Then, choose Check for Updates.
- The system will ask you to install an update if one is available.
- There will be a choice. Click “Download Now” to begin the update installation process.
- After you’ve finished, restart your computer to effect the modifications.
Check whether the black screen problem on your PC persists after the update.
Install the latest graphics driver.
As previously stated, obsolete or malfunctioning graphics drivers are the most common source of black screen troubles on Windows 11. It’s also suggested that you install the newest Graphics Driver update to maintain your graphics chipset running properly with Windows 11.
To Install the latest graphics driver.:
- Select Device Manager from the menu by pressing Windows key + X.
- This will show a list of all installed device drivers; scroll down to find and expand Display Adapter.
- The name of the graphics driver that controls your computer’s display may be found within the Display Adapter.
- Select Update Driver from the context menu when you right-click on the graphics unit’s name.
- When the Update Driver dialog box appears, choose Automatically Search for Drivers.
- The system will search the internet for available drivers and install them.
The black screen of Windows 11 will be fixed after updating the graphics driver.
Install the manufacturer’s graphics driver from the manufacturer’s website.
You may manually download and install graphics from the official website of the same brand of graphics driver installed on your computer instead of allowing the system update the graphics driver.
- To launch the DirectX Diagnostic Tool dialog box, press Windows key + R, enter dxdiag, then click OK.
- Go to the display tab to get all of the details about the graphics card you have installed on your computer.
- Visit the manufacturer’s official website for the graphics card you have installed on your computer. All of these graphics driver manufacturers provide repositories where you can get drivers for your machine.
- Enter the computer model number, processor unit, and other information, then download the most recent graphics unit build from the repository.
The black screen will no longer appear on your computer after manually upgrading the graphics driver.
Remove the most recent Windows update.
In addition, if the problem started only after recent windows update, you can try to uninstall the recent windows update and check if this helps. here a video guide on how to Remove the most recent Windows update. from boot screen.
Also check out:
this advertisement should be reported
The “windows 11 black screen after sleep” is a problem that many people are experiencing. There are 6 solutions to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix a black screen after Windows 11 update?
A: There are a few causes for this issue. The first is that your video card does not support the new update, so its unable to run programs like games or software. You can test if your computer has an updated video card by running sfc /scannow from Command Prompt and looking for any errors in the report window. If there arent any issues with your hardware, try updating to Windows 10 instead of trying one more time on 11 at this point.
How do I fix a black screen after login Windows 11?
A: Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and press the power button to turn off your computer. Then start it again by pressing the power button, then login Windows 11.
How do I fix a system restore black screen?
A: You must close out of the game and go back to system settings. Go into your sound tab, click on check next to audio device, then choose the default option from the drop down menu.
- windows 11 black screen no cursor
- windows 11 black screen before login
- windows 11 black screen on startup reddit
- black screen after windows update
- windows 11 screen problem